- Presence matters. Speak clearly and with confidence.
- I go into this interview on your side. I want every candidate to be awesome. I want to buy what you’re selling.
- Sometimes, we don’t find what we want, even several interviews. If we really need to fill the spot, we’ll hire the least bad candidate. Even if the interview was terrible.
- I never notice what people are wearing unless it’s so far outside the norm that they look peculiar. Color of tie, shape of shirt, cardigan vs blazer = irrelevant.
- People who ask questions they could have easily googled get on my nerves.
These are condensed from actual notes I took while interviewing candidates for an HIV position a few years ago. I just found them in an old notebook.